Currently, we are working on three thrust areas:
- Organic Nanoparticles and Their Assemblies
- Conjugated Molecules and Polymers
- Ion Transport in Hybrid Organic Inorganic Perovskites.
Check out our publications page for recent publications from our group in these areas. You can also check out this video
Copper-based Catalysts for Cross-Coupling Reactions (1999-2007)
- Discovered synthetic protocols for the use of copper(I) complexes as catalysts for the cross-coupling of aryl halides with various nucleophiles.
- Two of our complexes, Cu(phenanthroline)(PPh3)Br (Cat. No. 29-4000) and [Cu(phenanthroline)(PPh3)2]NO3 (Cat. No. 29-6000) are available from Strem Chemicals.
Recovery and Reuse of Transition Metal Catalysts (1999-2005)
- Discovered that the linker between the soluble polymer and the catalysts had impact on the stereoselectivity of enantioselective reactions.
- Discovered that a sohxlet process can be combined with a dialysis membrane to rapidly recover and reuse transition metal catalysts.
Higher Dimensional Electronic Materials (1999-2005)
- Synthesized various pi-conjugated molecules and studied them as ligands for multidimensional electronic structures.
- Showed that two dimensional electronic networks can be obtained through directed assembly of molecules.
Chirooptical Studies on Electroactive Molecules (1999-2012)
- Synthesized helical pi-conjugated molecules and studied them for their chirooptical properties
- In collaboration with the Barnes group, studied chirooptical properties of single helical molecules
Materials for Proton Transport (2007-2011)
- Introduced molecules based on squaric acid for proton transport
- Introduced discotic LC-based systems for proton transport