D. Venkataraman (DV)
Professor of Chemistry
University of Massachusetts Amherst
- B.Sc. (1989), R.K.M. Vivekananda College, University of Madras
- M.Sc. (1991), Indian Institute of Technology, Madras in 1991.
- Ph.D. (1996), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Advisors: Prof. Jeff Moore at UIUC and Prof. Stephen Lee at the University of Michigan (now at Cornell).
Postdoctoral Associate at Cornell University with Prof. Frank DiSalvo and Prof. Jean Fréchet.
Camille and Henry Dreyfus New Faculty Award, NSF CAREER award, CVIP Technology Award, College of NSM Outstanding Teacher award, University Distinguished Teaching Award, University Distinguished Mentor Award.
Current Research Interests
- Directed Assembly of Semiconductor Interfaces
- Electrochemical Growth of Inorganic Semiconductors
- Synthesis of Semiconducting Polymers
- Synthesis of Helical Electroactive Molecules
- Iontronic Materials
- Photovoltaic Cells
- Energy and Water